But when you want to find a person or a social media profile, search engines still shows you the results but with not that accuracy. But thanks to social network search engines that are designed in such a way that aggregates data from social networking sites. These social network are free, public search engines that allows you to research lots of social networking sites, as well as other online sites, by a person’s name, email address, sometimes by a phone number etc.
Sometimes, online marketers have also been using social network search engines for competitive research, monitoring for brand reputations, content marketing through social keyword trends.
So, in this article, I am gathering 11 most popular social network search engines for individuals and small businesses. These search engines will help you to search all social network sites once without going to check individually. And if you feel that I left some other sites uncovered, feel free to share with our readers in the comments section below. In today’s post, we’ll look at a few of these social networking search engines.
1) Spokeo : Spokeo is a social network aggregator web site that aggregates data from many online and offline sources (such as phone directories,social networks, photo albums, marketing surveys, mailing lists, government censuses, real estate listings, and business websites). This aggregated data may include demographic data, and estimated property and wealth values.
2) Google Social Search : Google has added a new feature some time before that can make search results much more personal and relevant. The new feature is called Google Social Search that integrates results from your social networking sites. For using this feature, you have to signed with your Google account and normally search any term and click on More search tools on left side of the page. You will see “Social” option lying there, just click it and you will see your results will be filtered from your social circle.
3) Social Mention : Social Mention is a social media search and analysis platform that aggregates user generated content from across the universe into a single stream of information. It allows you to easily track and measure what people are saying about you, your company, a new product, or any topic across the web’s social media landscape in real-time. Social Mention monitors 100+ social media properties directly including: Twitter, Facebook, FriendFeed, YouTube, Digg, Google etc.
4) Wink : Wink is a people search engine that makes it easy to find and connect with people online. Wink.com is the largest online people search with more than 200 million people profiles from across the Web, including social networks and other online communities. Users can contact other users they find on Wink, and can also choose how they like to be contacted. Users can set their preferred method of contact, so that people who are looking for them can get in touch with them.
5) Whos Talkin : WhosTalkin.com is a social media search tool that allows users to search for conversations surrounding the topics that they care about most. Whether it be your favorite sport, favorite food, celebrity, or your company’s brand name; Whostalkin.com can help you join in on the conversations that you care about most.
6) Sightix : Israel-based Sightix is a search engine platform designed to give people the results that they are not currently receiving from Google. The platform is available to any site that contains social elements and it enables individual users to receive different search results based on their social graph. Simply put, the Sightix algorithm takes a user’s friends and connections into account whenever they search for something on the platform.
7) yoName : Look for anyone you want. You can even look them up by a username or an email address! If they’re on any of the big-time networks like MySpace or Facebook, yoName will find them. Look up friends, family, ex-es. Look up yourself and see if someone’s impersonating you. Or just have fun and look up celebrities.
8 ) Snitch.name : This application was originally a tool that was developed to search in various place to find information in various social networking sites.It hasn’t been designed to be fancy, but solves a real world problem until the people that buid social services decide on some profile seraching APIs.Search for information about your friends, mates, new collegues, etc.See how your name ranks on the social web.Use it as a central gateway for the social services you use.
9) SamePoint : Samepoint rolled out one of the first social media search and analytics platforms to help brands monitor and measure consumer feedback. The company set out to build the web’s largest database of social media web sites and make it easily accessible through a familiar search box interface. Since that time, the company has developed a range of tools to monitor, mine and measure the real-time web, helping organizations, celebrities and individuals to track and analyze the online “buzz” around their brand.
10) Folowen : folowen is a social media search tool that aggregates social profiles of people and organization’s on several social media sites into one search result.It simply makes it easy for you to follow a person or organization’s social web; be it a Facebook profile, page, group, a Twitter account, a LinkedIn profile, a YouTube channel…etc.
11) KGBpeople : KGBpeople provides a quick and easy name search that shows results in Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, MySpace, Classmates.com and Xing, and other social networks, websites, photos sights and more.
To subscribe to the "Guy WhoSteals" feed, click here.
You can add yourself to the GuyWhoSteals fanpage on Facebook or follow GuyWhoSteals on Twitter.
Any feedback can go straight into Guy's mailbox:
- guywhosteals AT gmail DOT com
- guywhosteals AT yahoo DOT com